- Looking back at my 2016 resolutions, I feel like I accomplished most of what I set out to do. I made my international vacation. With two of my cousins, we jet set off to Ireland. Then I continued on the vacation with one of my cousins to Scotland. Vacation accomplished!
- My second resolution was to play a tennis tournament. I’m sad to say, I did not accomplish this. However, I was in four, yes, you heard me right four tennis leagues. Maybe I should have made it my real goal to play more tennis. I most definitely accomplished that. I even started up the women’s tennis league in York, NE again. I’m putting a check mark of “accomplished” by this one.
- A garden did happen, albeit a small one, but a garden nonetheless. Check.
- Anther one of my goals – one of my harder goals – was to write a blog post every week. Now, I didn’t quite accomplish this goal, but I came pretty close. I did my best to make up the weeks I couldn’t make and I published 3 blogs in one week. I still managed to get a blog a week on average, I’m still happy with this and am going to say goal accomplished…with some improvising! This year became more stressful for me than I originally though it would be. My parents sold their business that they’ve owned for about the last twenty years and I’ve worked at for the last five. With that, I not only attained new bosses, but I also had to move out of my apartment that I had been living at for the last five years. Which, in turn, caused me to started looking at houses and then I became a first time home owner!
- Staying healthy. I think I did pretty well for myself. I exercised most days and ate healthy…most of the time. And I didn’t get ill, well, besides a couple minor soar throats and finding out that I’m allergic to the cold. Not joking, being allergic to the cold is a real thing. Now, anytime it starts to cool down, I break out in hives on my face. Little red dots that make me look like I’m breaking out, but are itchy. Not fun!
- I did not end up create a painting for the kitchen, but I did do a project and I’m very happy with the end result. Plus, it’s much more useful in the kitchen than a painting. See my DIY Mug Holder post to see what I made for the blank space in the kitchen.
- Writing more comments on other blogs was a really good intention for me and it started out well, but I was simply way too busy this year to follow up on this one. I’m sorry fellow bloggers! I started 2016 out with the best intentions, I promise!
I think, looking into the new year, my goal is going to be to take it easier this year. This isn’t going to be easy because I already am presently in a play and am signed up to direct a play in August – October time. As long as I don’t sign on for any more plays, I should be good. Also, my spot on the Board of Directors at the Yorkshire Playhouse is also coming due in May, which should free up some of my time.
I want to know, did you accomplish your 2016 resolutions?