It must be award season at the thoroughlyemily blog. I’ve now graciously been award my third Liebster Award. 🙂 For two of the Liebster Award’s I’ve received I got nominated around the same time, so both sets of questions will be included in this blog post. What is the Liebster Award you may ask, well its basically a way for bloggers to recognize other small blogs and show their support for one another.
Thank you for the nominations Charm the Explorer and C2: Creatively Courtney! Here is a little about their blogs:
Charm the Explorer: A travel blog that has really good tips on budgeting for travel.
C2: Creatively Courtney: A lifestyle blog that covers anything and everything from recipes and raising chickens to theater tips.
LIEBSTER AWARD GUIDELINES:
These are the guidelines to keep this award going when you decide to accept the award.
- Display an image of the award and write about your nomination.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you for this award.
- Answer the 11 questions prepared for you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 awesome bloggers who you think deserve this award, and create 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- List these guidelines in your blog post.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES TO ANSWER FROM CHARMTHEEXPLORER:
1. Your dream destination and why do you want to go there?
New Zealand and Australia. They’re both out in the middle of nowhere so I may as well hit them both up at the same time, right? Both of these countries have been on my bucket list for a while. I see all of these movies with gorgeous backgrounds, beautiful blue sparking waters and exotic, but sometimes terrifying, wildlife and they always seem to be filmed in these countries. So mostly I want to go there for the view and adventure.
2. When was your first ever trip that you rode an airplane? Any unforgettable experiences?
When I was 10 years old, my whole family went to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. I don’t remember the flight much except looking out the plane windows, watching the clouds and wishing I could jump from cloud to cloud like they do in the cartoons. I was a huge daydreamer at the ripe old age of 10.
3. Do you make an itinerary for your trips or you just surprise yourself?
Being a planner is a big part of who I am. Right before I take a trip, I research everything and I do mean everything – Flights, hotels, prices, restaurants, museums, other activities, hours of operations, locations, time frames, holidays, festivals, money…everything. If I winged it and surprised myself, I’d probably break out in hives and have a nervous breakdown.
4. Among all your trips, what is your most favorite food that you’ve tried?
Bubble tea in Taiwan, hands down. After I tried it, I got it every day after that on my vacation. Bubble tea does not even remotely compare in the United States so if I ever go to Taiwan again, that will be the first thing I get.
5. Food that you think you would never ever dare to taste?
I’m a pescatarian so there are a lot of things on this list, but probably stinky tofu. I don’t think I could ever get past the smell. I remember walking through the night markets in Taipei and I’d gag every time I walked past it. The name does not lie.
6. One item that you always bring in a trip that always end up not using.
This one gets personal so cover your eyes if you don’t want to continue reading the answer to this question. Tampons – thank God (knock on wood)! I’m normally not on my period when I’m on vacation, but always have to take them just in case, because you don’t know what other countries have as far as feminine hygiene products.
7. When traveling, do you make it a point to make new friends?
I’m very shy and my fear of accidentally meeting a serial killer keeps me away from strangers in other counties, most of the time. Unless I’m introduced to new people from people I already know, I have a tendency to keep my distance.
8. Have you ever slept in an airport? If yes, any tips? If no, would you dare?
Yes, I was with my parents waiting for a layover and I was exhausted and probably slept for an hour. If I was with someone I knew, sleeping at an airport would not be a problem. However, if I’m traveling by myself – no.
9. Will you still travel in your senior years?
I really hope so! If it’s in the cards for me to be healthy and wealthy enough in my senior years, I will always travel.
10. What made you decide to start a blog?
I started a blog because I wanted some experience writing. I decided to do the National Novel Writing Month in November challenge, or NaNoWriMo, and twist it to fit my needs a year or two ago. Instead of writing a 50,000 word novel in the month of November I got done a long list of things I’ve been meaning to do and one of those things included this blog. I didn’t have much writing experience except papers for class and doing my work’s blog, so hopefully as this blog has grown I’ve grown as a writer with it.
11.If it is the end of the world, which country do you want to see for the first and last time?
New Zealand and I’ll take all my family along with me.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES TO ANSWER FROM C2: CREATIVELYCOURTNEY:
- What made you start your blog? (Copy/Pasted from above) I started a blog because I wanted some experience writing. I decided to do the National Novel Writing Month in November challenge, or NaNoWriMo, and twist it to fit my needs a year or two ago. Instead of writing a 50,000 word novel in the month of November I got done a long list of things I’ve been meaning to do and one of those things included this blog. I didn’t have much writing experience except papers for class and doing my work’s blog, so hopefully as this blog has grown I’ve grown as a writer with it.
- What do you enjoy most about your blog? The memories I get from creating it.
- What is your favorite color? Purple
- What do you like to do with your free time? Tennis, read, act, paint, bake, blog, sing, watch movies and T.V.
- Where did you grow up? York, NE (United States) – born and raised.
- What’s your favorite thing to blog about? Probably travel. I feel like it gives me the most creative freedom and my blog posts on travel are basically a journal of my travels.
- Left or right handed? Right handed
- What inspires you? Lots of things! It depends on the day and how I’m feeling, but almost anything can inspire me. It could be a friend following their dreams, a piece of art I’ve stumbled over on the internet or at a museum, pinterest, a blog post, inspirational story, the library, a show, traveling, a great book, my dog, my family, ect.
- Do you have a pet and if so what kind? I have a cat and a dog. Technically, the dog is not my dog – it’s my parents, but she’s my “best friend” so she had to be included. My cat Savannah is a Ragdoll, whom likes to cuddle up and get attention almost 24/7 and poop on the floor. She’s evil, but I love her anyways. We’ve decided that she’s essentially a sour patch kid. Addie is a Puggle we adopted from, HUA, an animal shelter in Auburn, NE. I even wrote a poem on this blog about her once called “Puggle Sleepover.” Addie loves her people.
- What is your favorite quote? “We cannot come what we want to be by remaining who we are.”
My questions will be the same as my first Liebster Award. I can’t wait to see your answers! Click here for the link.
I nominate these blogs for the Liebster Award: