As far as ice cream goes this is one of the easiest kinds you can make, according to my sister. She made this for the family this past weekend and it was creamy and delicious! Since it’s pudding, it does have a little different texture than normal ice cream, but it’s amazing none the less. With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner this is a perfect “green” dessert to have in your arsenal.
• 2 cups of heavy whipping cream (or could substitute coconut cream/milk)
• 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
• 1 package of pistachio flavor instant pudding
• 3/4 shelled & crushed pistachios (more or less to taste)
• Green food coloring (optional)
1. Whip the heavy whipping cream (or coconut cream/milk) until it makes stiff peaks.
2. Combine the condensed milk, 1/2 cup of the pistachios & pudding mix together until blended.
3. Fold in the whipped cream with the condensed milk mixture. Add the green food coloring if you want a more vivid shade of green.
4. Pour mixture into glass or metal container, close air tight lid or cover well with plastic wrap and place in freezer for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably overnight.
Remove Pistachio Ice Cream from the freezer, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup crushed pistachios and enjoy! #Yum