I’ve been meaning to do a bucket list type blog for a while and was reminded by Expat and the City‘s, Realistic Resolution 2016 blog post. Here are my 2016 New Year’s Resolutions.
- Travel out of the country. This is something that is on my resolution every year, but only seems be accomplished every other year. Luckily, this one shouldn’t be hard for me as it’s the other year and I’m already in the process of planning a trip to Scotland and Ireland with two cousins. Yay, travel!
- Play at least one tennis tournament this spring/summer, not including tennis league. For the last couple of years I’ve been involved with the musical production at the Yorkshire Playhouse which takes place mid tennis season so it’s been hard for me to find the time to do a tournament. This year, there will be no excuses as I’m not going to try out for the musical.
- Plant a garden. This one should be relatively easy for me. I’ve been managing a garden for the past 3 years. Fresh produce is the best!
- Do a blog once a week. If I have another summer like last summer, this resolution will be hard to accomplish. Last summer I was in the musical at the Yorkshire Playhouse, planted a garden, enjoyed my first year in a USTA tennis league, was a bridesmaid in two weddings, drove to California with my sister, and then went back to California a couple months later, auditioned for “The Voice”, lost a roommate, then got a new roommate, and got walking pneumonia…probably from overextending myself. Fortunately, I should not be nearly as busy this summer as I’m not trying out for the musical and don’t see myself being in anymore weddings in the near future.
- Stay healthy. Achievable by exercising 5-6 days a week, sleeping around 7-9 hours a night, and eating fruits and vegetables regularly. It’s really that simple.
- Create a painting for the kitchen. It’s looking a little empty at the moment.
- Comment more on blogs I follow. I read a lot of blogs, but can never seem to find the time to comment. This year, I’m going to make time.