Woo hoo! My first blog award! I was nominated by my friend, Mackenzie Smith, who has a blog called Smith Family Renovations. She turns plain and simple items that are sometimes a little worse for wear and creates adorable quirky home decor pieces. Her blog has even inspired me to create some renovated items for myself. I especially love her travel centered pieces like the framed maps and DIY Vintage Map Letters. Make sure to check out her blog!
To be nominated you have to have fewer than 200 followers… well that was easy enough. And to fulfill the obligation I must also,
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 200 followers & notify them
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer
- Display the Liebster Award Logo on your page
- List these 6 rules on your post
Questions from Mackenzie:
- What is your favorite color? Purple, but mint green is a close second!
- What do you enjoy about writing a blog? I enjoy the create freedom and being able to help people with stuff I’ve already been through. For example, a lot of the posts I write are about travel and I always try to write about things that future travelers will need like where to go, what to try, and what culture differences to expect. Plus, after I’ve written the blogs, it’s fun to go back and reminisce about the places I’ve been. It’s kind of like a personal journal for everyone to learn from.
- What is your favorite place you have been? There’s so many fun places I’ve been to it’s hard to pick. I really enjoyed Rome and seeing all of the ancient buildings like the Basilica San Clemente. The Basilica San Clemente has 3 levels of history covering 2000 years. There is the current Basilica at the main level, then you travel down to a Basilica of the fourth century, and then finally descend to the first century where there is still a pagan temple. It’s crazy to think about all of the history that’s probably occurred in that one building.
- What is your favorite room/area in your home? My bedroom, because you know what they say “sleep is a beautiful thing.”
- What are three words to describe you? Wanderlust, creative, and determined.
- Are you from a big city or small town? Well, it depends on who I’m talking to. If I talk to someone from a bigger city like L.A., New York City, or Chicago they will tell you I’m from a small town. However, if you ask someone from Nebraska, which is where I’m from, they will tell you it’s a decent sized town. The population of my town is a little less than 8,000.
- Are you a morning person or night owl? My brain is more active in the morning, so probably morning? But I’m able to move better at night and evenings are when I play my best tennis and do my workouts.
- Do you eat breakfast most days? I usually eat a late breakfast around 10:00AM.
- Do you like cats or dogs more? Do I have to pick? I love them both and I want one of each! I especially love my cat that acts like a dog. Now all I need is a dog that acts like a cat. 🙂
- What kind of music do you listen to? A little bit of everything.
- What is your zodiac sign and do you follow it/read horoscopes? Libra. I don’t follow horoscopes, but I do occasionally read them for kicks and giggles.
Here are my nominations/blogs to check out:
I nominate Linda Jean the blog maker of Linda Jean’s Creative Works. Her blog focus is paintings, sketches, and thoughtful poems. Some of her paintings have even been inspiration for my own paintings.
My second nomination is for the lovelyphilocalist. Her travel blog has some amazing pictures of her travels.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite part about summer?
- What is your favorite food?
- What are some of your hobbies?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- What’s your favorite inspirational quote?
- Where do you like to shop?
- What’s your favorite T.V. show?
- What’s your least favorite household chore?
- What’s your dream job?