I make this when I need to eat something sweet, but want to feel good about what I’m eating. This is a much healthier alternative to traditional cheesecake, but just remember that it is still loaded with fats from the avocado, coconut oil and coconut butter.
– 1/3 cup almonds
– 1/4 cup shredded coconut
– 2 dates, pitted
– 1/2 – 1 teaspoon water
– 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
1. Grind the almonds in a food processor.
2. Add the coconut, dates, and water and grind into a dough.
3. Add the coconut oil last. Grind again into a mixture that will hold together when pressed in your hand.
4. Press into the bottom of mini or 6″ springform pan (crust will be thin in a 6″ – you can double the recipe if you want it thicker) and set aside.
– 2 medium/large avocados
– 6 tablespoons coconut nectar or agave
– 1/2 cup lime juice
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
– 6 drops stevia
– 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
– 4 tablespoons melted coconut butter
– lime zest, to taste
1. Blend the avocados, nectar or agave, lime, vanilla, and stevia until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the oil (melted), butter (melted), and some zest. Blend to incorporate. Add more zest if needed.
3. Pour over the crust.
4. Allow to firm in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Keep Chilled
Yield: 8 Servings